Rookie website owners often make the basic mistakes when it comes to designing online sites. The truth is, when it comes to web designs, it isn’t just enough to be creative. There are technical elements which need to be taken into account if you want to provide clients with the best website interface.
If you are looking for the most helpful tips about web design, here are a few of the most important principles you need to keep in mind.
- Be Practical. It is a common misconception that the success of an online site depends solely on the visual aspects. The truth of the matter is that the usability property is far more significant. All websites would like their visitors to have a positive experience when navigating through the sites’ pages. Because of this, a user-friendly design has become the most significant dogma in web designs. Is the site easy to navigate? Is the menu bar readily accessible? No matter how ornate the visual aspects look like in a site, if the visitors can’t easily find what they are looking for, chances are they would just give up browsing.
- Be Credible. Although visual aspects may attract visitors, what keeps them glued to the site is the content. Many are willing to overlook the design if the quality of the content is of high standard. Therefore, when designing a website, think of a way to make the content stand out.
- Be Clear. With the ease of use in mind, as a web designer/owner, you should always take into account to make the objective of the site obvious and easy to understand. The goal here is to keep the visitor engaged. If the design could not get the purpose of the site across immediately, the visitor could get bored and abandon the site altogether. This could mean losing profits and you would never be happy about that.
- Be Friendly. Never, under any circumstance, compel site visitors into signing up before he or she could browse through your site. This will definitely turn off a lot of probable guests. Create a design where they could click, at least some, on the contents of your webpage without the hassle of providing you their personal e-mail. Many don’t want to waste their time doing that especially if they have no idea what they are getting into. However, if visitors are given an insight into what they could expect from your site, then they would be willing to sign up after.
- Be Eye-Catching. Here is where the creativity aspect of web designing is mostly exploited. User interface can attract more attention when certain designs are used. For instance, use images or distinctive font styles to emphasize on important elements. The human eye likes attractive things and adding pizzazz to the website isn’t such a bad idea. On the other hand, the use of artistic components should not be overdone or else the site might end up looking cluttered instead of interesting.
Web designs should be more about practicality than creativity. That is not to say though that making the site attractive is a no-no. Visual aspects are still important in attracting visitors but not to the point that a user-friendly interface should be overlooked. Always remember, happy and engaged guests are the ingredients to a website’s success.